2020 Annual General Meeting Postponed
We had scheduled our Annual General Meeting for next week – Tuesday 31st March. However, the Executive Committee of the Canberra Organic Growers Society Inc. has decided to postpone the 2020 Annual General Meeting of the Society until further notice. This decision has been made in the light of the most recent advice from the Commonwealth Government and ACT Health department regarding the risks posed by the COVID-19 virus in particular for older people. Many other community based organisations are making similar decisions. The relevant ACT government department has also been notified of the decision.
Members will be notified by email and via the COGS website, in due course, regarding a new date for the AGM allowing for the required time for the distribution of meeting papers, nomination forms and proxy forms.
Under rule 12 of our constitution, existing committee members will continue to hold office until the conclusion of the next AGM.
Please check the COGS website for the latest information regarding the operation of COGS gardens.
Access to COGS Community Gardens
At this point in time COGS gardens remain open. Plot holders are urged to make sensible decisions to protect their own health and that of fellow gardeners. As is the current advice, please stay away if you are feeling unwell and displaying cold or flu-like symptoms or are under self-isolation restrictions. Follow the advice provided by ACT Health about handwashing and avoiding physical contact and proximity with others in the garden. You may wish to wear disposable gloves when using your garden’s gates/locks, water taps and when handling communal garden equipment. Please don’t bring visitors to your garden.
As the situation is constantly evolving, we ask you to keep up-to-date with, and follow, the latest directives from the Commonwealth and ACT Government. Further updates from the Executive Committee will be provided if and when the situation changes.
Useful websites for the latest COVID-19 information:
ACT Department of Health
Keep safe and well.
Canberra Organic Growers Society Inc.
At the AGM, COGS members will:
- confirm the minutes of the 2018 AGM;
- receive from the Committee reports on the activities of COGS during the last financial year;
- elect members of the Committee, including office-bearers;
- receive and consider the audited statement of accounts and the auditor’s and committee reports that are required to be submitted to members pursuant to subsection 73(1) of the Associations Incorporation Act 1991;
- appoint an auditor for the coming year; and
- consider special resolutions circulated by email to members on the 28th of February 2019 and available to download below.