Article and Photos: Rebecca & Jeremy – Mitchell Garden (Canberra Organic – Summer 2018)
Broccoli and Stilton soup
1 onion (diced)
2 potatoes, large (diced)
1 ltr chicken stock (or vegetable stock to make it vegetarian)
300 g broccoli
85 g stilton (blue) cheese (or other crumbly cheese e.g. cheddar)
Juice of half a lemon
150 ml milk
1 tsp butter, margarine or olive oil
2 tbsp creme fraiche/sour cream (optional)
- Soften onions in butter/margarine/olive oil, add diced potatoes and stock and bring to boil for 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook for further 10 minutes.
- Add two-thirds of the cheese and lemon juice.
- Purée until smooth.
- Add milk and crème fraîche/sour cream and return to heat and season. Do not let it boil.
- Top with the remaining cheese to serve.